Trade License is being introduced in Bangladesh under the The Municipal Corporations [ Taxation ] Rules, 2009. It is issued when any entrepreneur applie through the license form. The process is managed by the City Corporation or city council where the business operars. A license is issued exclusively in the name of the company and such license is not transferable. A renewed Trade License is provided by the concerned staff of the zonal taxation office. A fee for trade license has to be deposited at any Bank as indicated in the Trade License form.
Required Documents for Trade License:
1.In case of general Trade License –Attested Copy of Rent Receipt or Rental Agreement and also the copy of the Holding Tax payment receipt.
2. In case of Trade license for industries– Everything mentioned in serial no. 1 plus:
- No objection declaration on the surrounding
- Location Map
- Copy of fire certificate
- Declaration on non-judicial stamp of Tk. 150/- to abide by the rules and regulation of DCC
- One copy of passport size photograph
3 In case of Clinic/Private Hospital: permission from the Director General of Health.
4. In case of Limited Company :
- Memorandum of Article
- Certificate of In-Corporation
5. In case of Printing Press and Residential Hotel – Permission from Deputy Commissioner (DC).
6. In case of Recruitment Agency – License from Manpower export Bureau (BMET).
7. In case of Arms and Ammunition – Copy of Arms License.
8. In case of Drug and Narcotics – Copy of Drug/Narcotics License.
9. In case of Travelling Agency – Approval from civil aviation authority.
Renewal of Trade License
- Contact concerned zonal Taxation office along-with the previous Trade License
- Concerned staff of the zonal taxation office will provide a new Trade License
- Fees: Fees for trade license renewal is same as applicable for a new Trade License, which has to be deposited at any Bank indicated on the Trade License